Highlights from this Newsletter:
PayPath no longer displaying “read only” records during PayPath hold times for payroll processing
- Workforce Administration and Commitment Accounting (GL) transactions must be approved within 7 days of being entered into the system or they will time out and require a AWE Administrator to assist.
- Sabbatical credit processing changes - now based on the “PayPeriod for AY Academics” date and will be processed in the background, not through an automatic Accrual transaction
- The last day to enter funding for FY22 is Jun 23, 2022. A funding freeze will be in place from 8am on 6/24 - noon on 6/30 while the funding rollover process runs.
UCPath Systemwide Updates
Telephone Service Transition
The UCPath Center will soon transition to a new phone system provider, Talkdesk. This was originally scheduled for May 25th, but has been postponed.
Employees will hear new options when calling UCPath. Additional features will be added in September. For further information, please review the news article posted on the Berkeley UCPath website.
UCPath Metrics Dashboard
UCPath launched a new metrics site for the UCPath Community.
This dashboard shows metrics including:
- Cases: Open, exceed service target, new
- Calls: Answered, service level, wait time
- Customer satisfaction: Overall experience, accuracy, knowledge, professionalism, speed of response, timeliness, survey volume
- Off-cycle transactions: Approval time, UCPath processing time, payroll processing time, volume
- Workforce administration transactions: Approval time, UCPath processing time, volume
- Direct Retro transactions (Salary cost transfers): Volume
- Defects: Volume
For further information, please review the news article posted on the Berkeley UCPath website.
Transaction Approvals - 7 Day Window
Please remember to have all transactions approved within 7 days of submission in UCPath.
If a transaction is not approved within 7 days of being submitted, the transaction will require manual intervention by an AWE Administrator at UCB in order to re-assign the transaction to an approver, or be canceled altogether.
If you need a transaction re-assigned or canceled, please reach out to the Berkeley UCPath Operations Team (UCBUCPath@berkeley.edu) and a member of our team will assist you.
PayPath no longer displaying “Read Only” mode during PayPath hold times
PayPath was unintentionally modified as of May 20th. During the payroll processing (between “stop” and “resume” dates/times listed on the payroll processing schedule), PayPath no longer displays “read only” mode for employee records being processed by that pay cycle. Because of this, users cannot view records during payroll processing in PayPath.
Instead, to view data, please navigate to other pages within UCPath such as:
- Position Data
- PeopleSoft Menu > Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Positions/Budgets > Add/Update Position Info
- Job Data
- PeopleSoft Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- Additional Pay
- PeopleSoft Menu > UC Customizations > UC Extensions > Self-Service Transaction Links
- PeopleSoft Menu > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > UC PREPSHUP Process > Update PREPSHUP Staging Trans
- PeopleSoft Menu > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Create and Load Paysheets > Update PREPSHUP Modified Trans
New Cognos Report: R-344 HR Transaction Template Status
The new report gives users the ability to review Smart HR Template Transactions based on a date range to see when the template transaction was submitted and what the status of the template transaction is. The report includes data related to template initiator, approver, affected employee, and any UCPath Center comments related to the Smart HR Transaction ID.
The report is located in Cognos under > Team Content > UCPath Reporting > Workforce Administration Reports.
Sabbatical Credit Changes in UCPath
Based on Pay Period for AY Academic tab dates
As of early April, all Sabbatical transactions entered into Absence Management will process in the system based on the “Pay Period Begin Date” on the “Pay Period Dates for AY Academics” tab.
No Accrual Transaction will auto-process in the system
This change also includes a shift in how the UCPath System will now decrement sabbatical credits entered. No Accrual transaction will be automatically entered and processed in UCPath, instead the system will decrement the employee’s Sabbatical Accrual balance as part of the Payroll Processing Schedule for the pay period associated with the “Pay Period Begin Date” identified in the Absence Management transaction that was entered.
Rehire Accrual Balances
When an employee is rehired, the UCPath system will automatically reinstate sick hours. If the rehired employee returned:
- 181 days or more, then no sick hours are reinstated
- 90-180 days, up to 80 sick hours are reinstated
- Less than 90 days (89 days or fewer), all sick leave is reinstated
For further information, please review the news article posted on the Berkeley UCPath website. For rehire retirees, if your accrual balances were applied as retirement credit, please follow the appropriate process.
Known Issue - Accruals
We are aware of an issue in which accruals are blanking out in UCPath. From research done so far, it appeared to be tied to employees who have had their pay group changed. More information is available on the Known Issues Log.
Please be aware, if this is noticed, submit a case to the UCPath Center immediately so that they can also research and correct the accruals in question.
Position Funding / Direct Retro
The last day to enter funding for FY22 and replace expiring funding that will not roll over to FY23 is Thursday, June 23.
There will be a funding entry freeze starting at 8:00 am on Friday, June 24 through 12:00 pm on Thursday, June 30 while the UCPath Center is running the funding rollover process. Please do not make changes to the funding entry page during the freeze time.
Commitment Accounting Transaction Approvals - 7 day window
All Commitment Accounting transactions must be approved within 7 days of submission in UCPath.
If a transaction is not approved within 7 days of being submitted, the Approval Workflow Engine (AWE) is configured to skip all eligible approvers at the 'Approver 1' level.
If the transaction is a high-risk direct retro or benefit cost transfer, it will route the 'Approver 2'. Because the 'Approver 1' was skipped, the AWE Administrator will need to be contacted to deny the transaction so it can be resubmitted and have both Approvers approve the transaction.
If the transaction is not a high-risk transaction, it will route directly to the AWE Administrator for next steps. It is possible for the AWE Administrator in this situation to either re-assign the transaction to a specific transactor with the Approver 1 role, or the transaction can be denied.
If you need a transaction re-assign or canceled, please reach out to the Berkeley UCPath Operations Team (UCBUCPath@berkeley.edu) and a member of our team will assist you.
Let Us Help
Please review Frequently Asked Questions on our website. If you still have questions, please direct inquiries and feedback to email@example.com.